Photo

The Torrent Just Finished!!! And Then...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 droccpvp

droccpvp

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

YAY my Cata server just5 Fisnish I go into the folder and double click "WoW" and then this happens HELP ME PLEASE! me so sad i Cri Every Time.

http://imgur.com/S7nbXT0

#2 Karmikal

Karmikal

• 30 posts
  • Location- Romania

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

It seems that your client is accessing an .mpq file which triggers update, which shouldn't happen.

Is your realmlist.wtf file ok ? Have you made any changes to it because you shouldn't have done any change as you are using the client from the website. The realmlist.wtf is already set for the server.

62SgH3m.gif

"The Japanese say you have three faces. The first face, you show to the world. The second face, you show to your close friends, and your family.

The third face, you never show anyone. It is the truest reflection of who you are."

#3 droccpvp

droccpvp

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:27 AM

It seems that your client is accessing an .mpq file which triggers update, which shouldn't happen.

Is your realmlist.wtf file ok ? Have you made any changes to it because you shouldn't have done any change as you are using the client from the website. The realmlist.wtf is already set for the server.

nope didnt change a thing and it isnt working

#4 Karmikal

Karmikal

• 30 posts
  • Location- Romania

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:35 AM

Are you running a x64 operating system ? If so, try using the 64bit launcher from -HERE-, and also give a try using the client repair tool from -HERE-.

62SgH3m.gif

"The Japanese say you have three faces. The first face, you show to the world. The second face, you show to your close friends, and your family.

The third face, you never show anyone. It is the truest reflection of who you are."

#5 droccpvp

droccpvp

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:40 AM

Are you running a x64 operating system ? If so, try using the 64bit launcher from -HERE-, and also give a try using the client repair tool from -HERE-.

yes i am using a 64 bit WIN7HP does this mean i have to go through the 7 hour process again?

#6 Karmikal

Karmikal

• 30 posts
  • Location- Romania

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:56 AM

No. You only have to click that link and download the custom-made launcher (which is 5,69MB). You just have to place it inside the client's folder.

62SgH3m.gif

#7 droccpvp

droccpvp

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:57 AM

No. You only have to click that link and download the custom-made launcher (which is 5,69MB). You just have to place it inside the client's folder.

so i dont have to delete the files already existing? just drag those in?

#8 Nossferatu

Nossferatu

Noss

• Heroic
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:12 AM

Nope, don't delete the files, just download the custom-made launcher and move it to the wow main folder.
Neither in Hell, not in Paradise... neither Damned, not Safe... I did not Die and I did not Live...

#9 droccpvp

droccpvp

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:18 AM

Nope, don't delete the files, just download the custom-made launcher and move it to the wow main folder.

http://imgur.com/S9KiIku which files do i drag into it? all of top 4 or 4 bottom?

#10 Nossferatu

Nossferatu

Noss

• Heroic
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:22 AM

Okay wait a minute, I will go for my laptop, I can't do too much with my phone, don't move nothing yet.
Neither in Hell, not in Paradise... neither Damned, not Safe... I did not Die and I did not Live...

#11 droccpvp

droccpvp

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:24 AM

Okay wait a minute, I will go for my laptop, I can't do too much with my phone, don't move nothing yet.

Nossferatu if u want to guide throu over TS raid call or skype lemme know skype is DroccTheHunter

#12 Nossferatu

Nossferatu

Noss

• Heroic
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:33 AM

Sorry, I dont use those things... okay, now First please send me a screenshot of your realmlist.wtf file or do this...

1. Use the folder search and type "realmlist" to find the file then open the file with notepad.
  2. Then type exactly this: "set realmlist logon.monster-wow.com" like in the screenshot.

15eh1ro.jpg

3. After that, you have to save the file. Then try to open wow again.

#13 droccpvp

droccpvp

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:36 AM

I dont use those things, okay, now First please send me a screenshot of your realmlist.wtf file or do this...
Use the folder search and type "realmlist" to find the file then open the file with notepad.
Then type exactly this: "set realmlist logon.monster-wow.com" like in the screenshot.

15eh1ro.jpg  http://imgur.com/eVFIJ74

#14 Nossferatu

Nossferatu

Noss

• Heroic
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:39 AM

Thats the problem erase the 2nd line and save file as I told you.

Use my screenshot as guide.

#15 droccpvp

droccpvp

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:40 AM

Thats the problem erase the 2nd line and save file as I told you. 

so i just change it to a .txt then erase it then i put it back to a .wtf?

#16 Nossferatu

Nossferatu

Noss

• Heroic
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

so i just change it to a .txt then erase it then i put it back to a .wtf?

You dont have to change it to a .txt file, you just right click on your "realmlist.wtf" file and then click  "open with" option and you choose "notepad", with notepad you write what I told you, then you save it and try to open wow again.

#17 droccpvp

droccpvp

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

You dont have to change it to a .txt file, you just right click on your "realmlist.wtf" and then "open with" and you choose "notepad", with notepad you do what I told you, then you save it and try to open wow again.

i dont have Open with notepad as an option or even the Open with... option

#18 Nossferatu

Nossferatu

Noss

• Heroic
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

Simple:

2r2st55.jpg

#19 droccpvp

droccpvp

• 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:54 AM

Simple:

2r2st55.jpg

so like i changed it and it looks like this http://imgur.com/GXYxFQ0 and i can still open it idk if im supposed to do that

#20 Nossferatu

Nossferatu

Noss

• Heroic
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

yeh theres no problem with that if you saved it as .wtf file, 

• You put the file in the same place it was before you changed it?