English Server?

English Spanish

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Toenailed

Toenailed
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:24 PM

Hi everyone :D. This is an English server as far as I am concerned, but communication is awful. In raids, battlegrounds and also dungeons (rdf) there's always a lack in communication. The Spanish for example are about 80% of the time only speaking Spanish and it seems like they're expecting us to learn their language when English is universal and the language everyone is most likely to understand. So why speak Spanish on a said to be English server, isn't that quite selfish? In battlegrounds, dungeons and raids we can't communicate well enough as to explain tacts, tell the tanks what to do or to give simple commands as raid leaders such as avoid AoE (area of effect) or what to do as a strategy in a battleground without someone asking us to "Habla Espanol". I have asked the Spanish to speak English in a battleground before to share strategies and thoughts (such as Isle of Conquest which gate to attack with all the vehicles at the same time) but i get replies such as "Suck my @%#&", strange how good they can swear in an "Unfamiliar" language though you'd be surprised when they say they speak no English but they swear well enough in it, or they ask me to talk Spanish. There has to be one main language which has to be spoken in battlegrounds, raids (except guild runs ofcourse such as a Spanish guild) and even dungeons (rdf) one language everyone is likely to understand which is English and if Monster WoW is an English server, then why not speak it? The frustration of trying to understand what is being said to you in another language is intense which has led to online arguements and fighting in battlegrounds and dungeons as where someone rage quits and just leaves the instance, which I believe is totally unnecessary when we all can enjoy the game with good communication and understandment. I am not trying to be racist, and I appologise if it might seem to some that way, by asking everyone to speak English, but it's just universal and there are a whole lot people who are capable of speaking it than Spanish and to learn a new language just to play on an “English” server you like, is not worth it. Please try to make English the main language which is spoken for better communication reasons and success in instances, working together as a team and understanding each other is better than argueing and losing. My home language isn't English, but I unfortunately have to speak it to communicate with others. I know it is fun and very comfortable to speak in your own home language, but please try not to be selfish and force your home language down unto others. Treat others as you want to be treated, if i were to speak my home language in a battleground you would feel excluded from the game (left out) and not even in the mood to continue playing. So keep the basic communication in an understandable language which suits everyone.

• Schokuspokus, Amirah, Acakralj and 4 others like this

#2 Warriorpowa

Warriorpowa

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 286 posts
  • LocationWho knows.

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

I just read Hi everyone  :D.

• Ddantee likes this

my rekt is ur enemy

#3 KrivaLopata

KrivaLopata

Marshal

• 118 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

Awesome post./bow

35irk8x.jpg

#4 Hman32

Hman32

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 10591 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

1.- English is not universal, don't believe in Hollywood lies aliens don't talk English, at best English is "global" and that was like 10 years ago ... welcome to 2015.

2.- I can swear in 8 different language yet I'm not proficient in any.

3.- English is the official language ... for main channels, and that don't apply to /s /y /w /raid BG/arena etc, this is an international server.

4.- Feel free to talk in your own language in BGs if that please you even if other people feels excluded, this is an international server after all.

• mauro730 and gotyabeach like this

#5 Nyhmbo

Nyhmbo

Your Ad here!

• Legendary
  • 4638 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:44 PM

next time try to add a proper format to your text

thank you

#6 schneelolxx

schneelolxx

Marshal

• 231 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:44 PM

NANANNANNANAN SPIDERMAN

• Doram :D and  s K T like this

v68qhEQ.png?1

#7 Deepmind

Deepmind

Patient

• Legendary
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:11 PM

Hi everyone :D. This is an English server as far as I am concerned, but communication is awful. In raids, battlegrounds and also dungeons (rdf) there's always a lack in communication. The Spanish for example are about 80% of the time only speaking Spanish and it seems like they're expecting us to learn their language when English is universal and the language everyone is most likely to understand. So why speak Spanish on a said to be English server, isn't that quite selfish? In battlegrounds, dungeons and raids we can't communicate well enough as to explain tacts, tell the tanks what to do or to give simple commands as raid leaders such as avoid AoE (area of effect) or what to do as a strategy in a battleground without someone asking us to "Habla Espanol". I have asked the Spanish to speak English in a battleground before to share strategies and thoughts (such as Isle of Conquest which gate to attack with all the vehicles at the same time) but i get replies such as "Suck my @%#&", strange how good they can swear in an "Unfamiliar" language though you'd be surprised when they say they speak no English but they swear well enough in it, or they ask me to talk Spanish. There has to be one main language which has to be spoken in battlegrounds, raids (except guild runs ofcourse such as a Spanish guild) and even dungeons (rdf) one language everyone is likely to understand which is English and if Monster WoW is an English server, then why not speak it? The frustration of trying to understand what is being said to you in another language is intense which has led to online arguements and fighting in battlegrounds and dungeons as where someone rage quits and just leaves the instance, which I believe is totally unnecessary when we all can enjoy the game with good communication and understandment. I am not trying to be racist, and I appologise if it might seem to some that way, by asking everyone to speak English, but it's just universal and there are a whole lot people who are capable of speaking it than Spanish and to learn a new language just to play on an “English” server you like, is not worth it. Please try to make English the main language which is spoken for better communication reasons and success in instances, working together as a team and understanding each other is better than argueing and losing. My home language isn't English, but I unfortunately have to speak it to communicate with others. I know it is fun and very comfortable to speak in your own home language, but please try not to be selfish and force your home language down unto others. Treat others as you want to be treated, if i were to speak my home language in a battleground you would feel excluded from the game (left out) and not even in the mood to continue playing. So keep the basic communication in an understandable language which suits everyone.

Since spanish ppl ignore english,you should /google translate it spanish language,other way you're wasting time.Server full populated of latinos and spanish ppl,so in my opinion we can't force them to speak english.

#8 Arkan

Arkan

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:15 PM

This server is unbalanced bcs of "pro" spanish ppl that cry for class nerfes or about bosses and how hard they are.

#9 Hman32

Hman32

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 10591 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:30 PM

Since spanish ppl ignore english,you should /google translate it spanish language,other way you're wasting time.Server full populated of latinos and spanish ppl,so in my opinion we can't force them to speak english.

Klingons, don't forget Klingons. :lol:

• zamyslona1 likes this

#10 Yorouiky

Yorouiky

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 691 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:14 AM

Two words - ignore more.

#11 Mirec21

Mirec21

• 24 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

Still this guy is right. There isn't a day without some spanish 10's levels begging for golds, or getting into dungeon with some spanish idiots that if you ask them to speak english they react as "i fock yur mom english noob" ..

I could be almost sure with saying that 90% of those idiots are latins (not european spanish) .. Monkeys without behaviour.

There are still some nice people and english guilds where you can ACTUALLY play and have some fun, but "Jajaja oro plis 5k" every damn day is ruining it. Those kids shouldnt even play WOW or have internet at all.

Oh and since this is english server, why should we ignore it and translate to spanish when its them who should ignore their lack of behaviour and translate it to english

• Chilltm2 and Sebolo like this

#12 Chilltm2

Chilltm2
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

"Hey tank how about you use Blood Presence instead of Unholy?"

04f6c6b563ac90d0bb982a2f9f1cbe7cf1b70b43

Ye Mirec21 i agree with you it's an English server so why should we translate to talk to them when they should. *wishes for a translate addon* 

• Mirec21 likes this

#13 zeetoh

zeetoh
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

So... if they want to play they have to learn a whole new language just for you to feel comfortable playing with them?
Well, no. Even though i'm latin, i learned english and i don't believe that everybody has to.

Stop being so selfish, if you feel the need to communicate with them, learn spanish.

#14 SATURNO

SATURNO

• 35 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

Learn spanish :)

Just as there are some Latinos learn to communicate with those gringos that believe  the universe revolves around them.

Even in the Official WoW you find a lot of people speaking a lot of lenguages, you cant force them to speak what you speak.

#15 Guest_Icehawk_*

Guest_Icehawk_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

Andele muchachote :)

#16 Doram :D

Doram :D

• 30 posts
  • Locationspain

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

Ya tu sabe muyayo :DDD

NOS IN DEUS ET MERETRIX VIRGO CACAMUS 

#17 Arkan

Arkan

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

Fuk off tards with espanyol this isnt oro porfavor topic.

#18 Chicka / Yazy / Chioy

Chicka / Yazy / Chioy

PiggyOwl!

• Heroic
  • 619 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

Nope, they aren't ignorat, they are just stupid - Here is the proof:

I just read Hi everyone  :D.

Anyway, Spanish population keeps this server alive because of donators.
I guess Your blood boils in Your veins when an /whisp pops-up in Spanish language from an unknown player, I had that feeling as well.
But in the end... You cannot do anything, this is an plague, just like in Eastern / Western Plaguelands undeads are everywhere, in the same way here Spaniards overtook Monster-WoW.

• Jasonx likes this

2wdzec4.png

#19 Guest_Icehawk_*

Guest_Icehawk_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:42 AM

Fuk off tards with espanyol this isnt oro porfavor topic.

Seriously you said that ? hmmm

#20 Nyhmbo

Nyhmbo

Your Ad here!

• Legendary
  • 4638 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

Seriously you said that ? hmmm

please stop... you trying to write english gives alot of people cancer

do your job in oro section but leave the people which actually are able to write and speak english alone.

kkthx

• Amecchi likes this