Season 14 is coming to an end and Season 15 is arriving soon!
But before that we had to deal with a serious issue: the Arana Rating system.
Matchmaker Rating System changes:
- MMR cannot go under 500, no matter how much you lose. Reason: There is no big difference between 500 and 0 rating when it comes to matchmaikng, but there is a huge difference from the players point os view.
- Rating gain under 1250 MMR is doubled (up from 1000). Rating gain between 1250 and 1750 increased (up from 1000 and 1300). Reason: 4.3.4 also has these values. This will help you get 1750 MMR faster.
- Rating change for offline members are set for canstant -24. Reason: altf4 exploit.
- Rating change for overtime match is set to -24 (up from -16).
- MMR change calculation after a normal win/lose changed. Now it is based on your MMR and the opponent team MMR (used to be own team MMR vs. opponent MMR).
Let's see an exapmle: A 2v2 Team with rating 4000 and 1000 has Team MMR of 2500. If team wins aganst a team with rating 2500.
In the old system both players get +12 rating: and they have 4012 and 1012 rating.
In the new system the 4000 player will get 1 point and the 1000 will get 24 this is 4001 and 1024.
You can see that this system is more fair because for the 4000 guy a win against a 2500 team is easy, but for the 1000 guy it is very hard.
This works similar for lose.
Current MMR rating will be adjusted to work better with the new system:
- All current MMR under 500 will set to 500.
- All MMR over 2750 will set to 2750.