#1 Mainadmin

Mainadmin

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:37 AM

5.4.8 Ragnaros:

Arena changes:

Season 14 is coming to an end and Season 15 is arriving soon!
But before that we had to deal with a serious issue: the Arana Rating system.

Matchmaker Rating System changes:
- MMR cannot go under 500, no matter how much you lose. Reason: There is no big difference between 500 and 0 rating when it comes to matchmaikng, but there is a huge difference from the players point os view.
- Rating gain under 1250 MMR is doubled (up from 1000). Rating gain between 1250 and 1750 increased (up from 1000 and 1300). Reason: 4.3.4 also has these values. This will help you get 1750 MMR faster.
- Rating change for offline members are set for canstant -24. Reason: altf4 exploit.
- Rating change for overtime match is set to -24 (up from -16).
- MMR change calculation after a normal win/lose changed. Now it is based on your MMR and the opponent team MMR (used to be own team MMR vs. opponent MMR).
  Let's see an exapmle: A 2v2 Team with rating 4000 and 1000 has Team MMR of 2500. If team wins aganst a team with rating 2500.
  In the old system both players get +12 rating: and they have 4012 and 1012 rating.
  In the new system the 4000 player will get 1 point and the 1000 will get 24 this is 4001 and 1024.
  You can see that this system is more fair because for the 4000 guy a win against a 2500 team is easy, but for the 1000 guy it is very hard.
  This works similar for lose.

Current MMR rating will be adjusted to work better with the new system:
 - All current MMR under 500 will set to 500.
 - All MMR over 2750 will set to 2750.

• Frostbolter, Peterlustig, Theyzha and 2 others like this

#2 The_Kranith

The_Kranith

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:55 AM

Nice!
When will the new season start? :)
Who says that I'm the best? Me! Deal with it, rofl!

#3 Theyzha

Theyzha

Marshal

• 103 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:52 AM

Nice!!!

Although I would have preferred to see some bug fixes.

Theyzha

• Frostbolter, Peterlustig and lickmydisc like this

#4 Peterlustig

Peterlustig

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 270 posts
  • Locationgermoney

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

5.4.8 Ragnaros:

Arena changes:

Season 14 is coming to an end and Season 15 is arriving soon!
But before that we had to deal with a serious issue: the Arana Rating system.

Matchmaker Rating System changes:
- Rating change for offline members are set for canstant -24. Reason: altf4 exploit.

Garypoder will not be happy about that xD

• Frostbolter, Filthy Frank, Theyzha and 1 other like this

#5 Frostbolter

Frostbolter

Marshal

• 105 posts
  • LocationBulgaria (Most likely out of LoS too)

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:43 PM

Ok so, for season 15 we really need those things:

Add new arenas - Dalaran sewers arena ; The Tiger's Peak

Fatigue system/self-healing - Healers like holy priest, just for an example, are healing like crazy with insane shields while, for example, ferals are healing 2k rejuvenation ticks. (all self-healing is like that, including self-only shields like ice barrier)

Rating system - it's still not as it's supposed to be, e.g.- a 2200 rated player ques up with a 0 rated player the average mmr would be 1100 right, they verse a team with an average rating of 1300 and they win. Both players, the 2200 rated one and the 0 rated one would get +12 for the win. The high rated played should get 0 and the low rated player should get +12. As it is now, both players would get +12, making it unfair for lower rated players to catch up with the points.

Damage - In general the damage of most classes is pretty low as the formulas are incorrect with false percentages

Cone abilities - Cone abilities, like for example, dragon's breath; shockwave; typhoon; etc. have really small width window in which they react

Resilience - Resilience is way too high right now going over 80% with full PvP gear and no sockets at all

Other stuff that needs immediate fixing is pretty much all the class bugs out there

We're losing population fast and I want to do anything I can for the server

So if you need ANY information on in-game bugs, I'm ready to help out whenever, with anything I can

• Peterlustig, Theyzha, Pog champ and 1 other like this

#6 Keidare

Keidare

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 432 posts
  • LocationOakland, California

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:15 PM

Garypoder will not be happy about that xD

him and his alt Garypoderr too :)

Forgotten Scrub.

#7 nozarashi18

nozarashi18

• 27 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:09 PM

when the season 15 starts?

#8 nozarashi18

nozarashi18

• 27 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:08 PM

you will still reset the arena points or we can already begin to arena?

#9 Mainadmin

Mainadmin

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:47 PM

Season 15 already started.

#10 japan2015

japan2015

• 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:50 PM

so no 25DP bonus like last year? XD

#11 sssparown

sssparown

Marshal

• Veteran
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

Season 15 already started.

Reset the conquest cap.

• Filthy Frank likes this

iREM5Ff.png

#12 JIMP

JIMP

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 707 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:32 AM

Today i noticed a new feature to prevent wintrading:

Your arena need to be at least ~30sec long, otherwise it will count as a loss and won't reward you with conquest Points.

The problem with this system is: We all non-wintrader can't avoid those who wintrade, and sometimes we have to  face them 4/5 times in a row. After a few arenas with this system i faced a few wintraders and because of them the win/loss ratio and rating were just terrible lol

The system seems great, but it shouldn't count as a loss. It should count as nothing. No rating gain/loss , no change on win/loss ratio, no points. Just an arena that never existed and nobody can benefit neither lose from it.

• Frostbolter, Peterlustig, Theyzha and 2 others like this

#13 Keidare

Keidare

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 432 posts
  • LocationOakland, California

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:41 AM

Today i noticed a new feature to prevent wintrading:

Your arena need to be at least ~30sec long, otherwise it will count as a loss and won't reward you with conquest Points.

The problem with this system is: We all non-wintrader can't avoid those who wintrade, and sometimes we have to  face them 4/5 times in a row. After a few arenas with this system i faced a few wintraders and because of them the win/loss ratio and rating were just terrible lol

The system seems great, but it shouldn't count as a loss. It should count as nothing. No rating gain/loss , no change on win/loss ratio, no points. Just an arena that never existed and nobody can benefit neither lose from it.

Yep. Even if the arena NEEDS to be more than 30 secs, wintraders can wait for that then leave which makes the system useless. it should not count any cp or either rating reduce or gaining as it can be easily bypassed. Maybe if there is no damage and the match isn't longer than 30 secs.

Forgotten Scrub.