Photo

To All Battleground Pvp'ers

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Battlegrounds (141 member(s) have cast votes)

How often do you see someone AFK while doing battlegrounds?

1. Every time (52 votes [36.88%])

Percentage of vote: 36.88%

2. Most of the time (66 votes [46.81%])

Percentage of vote: 46.81%

3. Every now and then (15 votes [10.64%])

Percentage of vote: 10.64%

4. Never (8 votes [5.67%])

Percentage of vote: 5.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 kelz

kelz

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:59 AM

As many of us know, AFK'ers are a huge annoyance to both factions in battlegrounds. It is even worse on Sargeras because of the chance of getting an artifact power or piece of gear reward. One or two AFK'ers in your group puts the whole team at a disadvantage. While they are sitting there doing nothing (and being rewarded for it), an active player could be in there spot helping your team.

We need to report these players, and it's a lot easier than you'd think! Simply take a screenshot. After the BG is over, screenshot the scoreboard filtering damage done and it shows who is doing absolutely nothing. Screenshot the group at the very begining of the BG (to show they were there since the getgo) for a more thorough report. It takes THREE different battlegrounds/screenshots for the report to be valid.

Someone constantly AFKing and you want to ensure they get punished? Add them to your friends list. Once it shows their location as them NOT in a battleground, queue up and try to get in the same group. AFK'ers join back to back, so once they leave a match, they'll be in the next one shortly.

If enough of us start reporting and getting these people punished, it will make a big difference. It won't stop every AFK'er, but it will definitely help.

Remember:

-Screenshot the scoreboard after the match has ended to show no activity from player.

-Only submit the report when you have at least 3 screenshots as proof. Per GM rules, you must have 3.

-Optionally, screenshot the beginning of the BG also if there is a known AFK'er to prove they were there the whole time.

• MonroPt likes this

#2 Trix

Trix

GOD

• Heroic
  • 626 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:50 AM

yea me too 

• webertt, Stevan and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx like this

#3 addah

addah

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 391 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Part of the AFK problem is when low geared players get tired of being 1shot.

Just like when a team gets destroyed early in the game, immediately after you will see people give up by leaving or going offline.

Might find this interesting

http://forum.monster-wow.com/index.php?/topic/46509-better-battlegrounds/

[Monster] <Guild Master> Everyones, Priest PvP/PvE. Tauranosaur, Death Knight PvE. Elitest, Rogue PvP/PvE. Elitist, Druid PvP/PvE

[Deathwing] (retired) <Game Master> KaiKage.

#4 Yorouiky

Yorouiky

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

Gms are bussy chasing fish botters instead of removing afkers from bgs. Btw you get permanent ban for fish botting, and 7-14 days ban for afking in bgs.

Monster-wow paradox.

• Zyonnlolxgodxhahalolzqt and Deepmind like this

#5 kelz

kelz

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

Part of the AFK problem is when low geared players get tired of being 1shot.

Completely agree with the link you posted. Or at least for monster realm, since they don't have the ilvl stat/hp feature like legion does. I have a warlord healer on the monster realm and it's really frustrating when people join naked or with significant pieces missing. Even worse when they AFK.  Crafted armor is more than decent and is easy to get, even if you level up the profession yourself. You can push a fair amount of damage/healing from it too. There should definitely at the very least be some sort of rule against people joining with no armor. That's just a slap in the face to your team.

On a more positive note - if you happen to be someone who makes a decent attempt at gearing yourself while being active in battlegrounds, don't give up! It can be really tough, but there are ways to gear up while helping the team. Run in groups instead of going solo, if you stray away you are more likely to get attacked regardless of your gear.

Gms are bussy chasing fish botters instead of removing afkers from bgs. Btw you get permanent ban for fish botting, and 7-14 days ban for afking in bgs.

Monster-wow paradox.

I love monster wow, and I have complete respect for the GMs and the rest of the staff. But honestly I agree and think they need to update and reconsider punishment severity. World cheaters shouldn't be punished as harshly, and main content cheaters should get the hammer. Eg; a person who ninjas in a raid, or someone hacking in a battleground should receive a much longer punishment than someone who does something against the rules in the open world.

#6 Blackox

Blackox

Heroic

• Veteran
  • 331 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:27 AM

There was a time when ninjas were returned to Level 1, but when this rule was active MWow stuff just reset to 1 lvl and keep their items.
Here everyone know how easy is to boost your char, so my suggesttion is:
(1 and 2 are proved cases)

1. Ninja - reset to level 1 and del his pve items.
2. Ninja - bann all acc.

1. Afk in BGs - reset him to level 1 and del his pvp items.
2. Afk in BGs - ban all acc.

1. Fish bot - reset to level 1 and del his profesion and farmed mats.
2. Fish bot - ban all acc.

1. Bug/hack/abusing/skipping bosses/multiboxing, let be still permanent.

Regards, M. :)
  • Schokuspokus and Masakatsu like this

#7 Masakatsu

Masakatsu

Marshal

• Veteran
  • 194 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:46 AM

lol, u can also put a bullet in their heads than

Attitude is skill, so go on with your, others will die like the rest.

Demonology Lock Guide PVE

#8 celle

celle

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:36 AM

So what is wrong if I afk for few times? Cant be on keyboard all the time and I need honor talents.

#9 kelz

kelz

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:03 AM

Not to sound rude Celle, but I'm really not sure if you're trolling or just being blatantly ignorant. I'll assume the latter of the two.

Lets assume you were to join a raid because you want to upgrade your armor. The whole time you did nothing except fill a spot and just sit there while everyone else killed the bosses and healed the group. When it comes time to rolling on loot, should you have the opportunity to win anything, even though you did nothing? Of course not. You'd be kicked, or the leader would pass you up altogether. Just like in PVP. If you don't do anything or help the team, you shouldn't get anything at all.

#10 celle

celle

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

Who cares what you think. Im getting what I want and you can only hate me.

#11 svilenf

svilenf

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

7-14 days ban for afk in bgs, that's unfair, imagine if i need to do something urgent, i think the ban length should be decreased to 1-2 days.

#12 celle

celle

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

I agree, but that maybe little drastic. 6 hours would be perfect.

#13 kelz

kelz

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

You know what, you're totally right. I agree and think there should be only a 6 hour ban for you two if you get reported for AFKing.  It's unfair to impose harsher punishments on the mentally disabled and delayed.

My fault for not being sympathetic earlier <3

• bladereaper likes this

#14 celle

celle

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:49 PM

I hope gms are reading and see how he makes personal insults and harass me for no reason. This deservers ban from forums. I only expressed my opionion and how I do things. Its clear that most people agree with me incluading Honey and mainadddmin. So what if I afk a little now and then for few hours. I got banned once for few days, but now they dont report me any more, people get used to it.

#15 kelz

kelz

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

You're using your words really well, proud of you little buddy! :D

• Patak likes this

#16 addah

addah

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:42 AM

I hope gms are reading and see how he makes personal insults and harass me for no reason. This deservers ban from forums. I only expressed my opionion and how I do things. Its clear that most people agree with me incluading Honey and mainadddmin. So what if I afk a little now and then for few hours. I got banned once for few days, but now they dont report me any more, people get used to it.

GM's can't help you with getting rekt by people in BGs 

• kelz likes this

[Monster] <Guild Master> Everyones, Priest PvP/PvE. Tauranosaur, Death Knight PvE. Elitest, Rogue PvP/PvE. Elitist, Druid PvP/PvE

[Deathwing] (retired) <Game Master> KaiKage.

#17 celle

celle

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:18 AM

I have no clue what your talking about Addah. Try to be more precise so we can all understand you.

#18 kelz

kelz

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 88 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:35 AM

Well of course you don't know what he's talking about Celle, with your 'special' condition and all. Anyway I appreciate the bumps.. keep this bad boy alive.

#19 Restaumental

Restaumental

• 46 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:59 AM

yea me too 

Galena x Prislava - Zhivey... stolen shit

#20 celle

celle

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:14 AM

Your topic will soon be deleted and put to trash dont you worry.