• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 addah

addah

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 391 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:39 AM

Hello the forum was down for what, 24 hours?

What was the "maintenance"?

There's nothing on the website and no changelog here, but I can't imagine there was no purpose.

[Monster] <Guild Master> Everyones, Priest PvP/PvE. Tauranosaur, Death Knight PvE. Elitest, Rogue PvP/PvE. Elitist, Druid PvP/PvE

[Deathwing] (retired) <Game Master> KaiKage.

#2 Dlablo

Dlablo

Master Photoshop

• Veteran
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:13 AM

When you create a new account, you also create it on the forum(the sites are like one). Those websites use only 1 database, which means if that database goes offline, so will do both of the websites(monster WoW and monsterwow Forum). I gues Mainadmin added some items on the market and thats why he needed to turn off the database. The database needed to be offline in order the items to be added. I am not sure if there are any other changes.

<Working on my new signature>

#3 Sylvatic

Sylvatic

GameMaster

• Realm Leader
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

Hello the forum was down for what, 24 hours?

What was the "maintenance"?

There's nothing on the website and no changelog here, but I can't imagine there was no purpose.

Forum database was damaged or/and corrupted, sadly we only had a backup from july. 

- Forum did a 2-3 months rollback which means the accounts we've banned are no longer banned and the topics that players created no longer exist, as well as posts / member titles (in the period of july 5 to oct 5 +/-)

We are sorry for the inconvenience. 

Hopefully this doesn't happen again, we will take more caution.

Greetings,
Sylvatic

• Tuonen likes this

Signature.png

#4 Silvea

Silvea

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

good thing is its back to normal again with a minimal damage. good job mwow staffs  B)

#5 MAFAFRE

MAFAFRE
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:17 AM

Can you remove the ban from my account?

#6 Jiridotz

Jiridotz

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 87 posts
  • Locationin bed with ur mum.

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

Just when you expected a forum VU after years you come back to nothing, lol..

SIIKE GOTEEEM

#7 Itsbulls.-

Itsbulls.-

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 616 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

:P

2u61sw1.png

#8 childofthenight

childofthenight

Marshal

• Veteran
  • 162 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

Are you serious? Backup from JULY?

That's unbelievable ...

• teddyboy and addah like this

#9 addah

addah

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

Database is like a flower you need to water it and take care

or it gets corrupted resulting in total deletion and of course there's no automatic backup system for recovery every week because that would make too much sense

• teddyboy likes this

[Monster] <Guild Master> Everyones, Priest PvP/PvE. Tauranosaur, Death Knight PvE. Elitest, Rogue PvP/PvE. Elitist, Druid PvP/PvE

#10 Naomy

Naomy

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 1013 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

yeye just cba those topics which are gone forever with hours of work in it (there were im sure, if not then blame me ), its not new for you guys to cba anything cuz u guys forgot about, ah sry ignored and gave not a single fuck about the cata realm for long(dont wanna say number cuz its all a joke already), and then u guys are wondering why ppl are leaving this server, but of course Spanish / Latin players are always feel free to join right? just welcome them with love and smile  :wub:

p.s: i could write a book like the rest of the players who are playing here long or longer ago but i thimk it wont change anything

• Qnox1337 likes this

#11 Sylvatic

Sylvatic

GameMaster

• Realm Leader
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

yeye just cba those topics which are gone forever with hours of work in it (there were im sure, if not then blame me )

I've already stated earlier that the forum database was damaged or/and corrupted and because of that the entire forum wiped. Sadly we only had backup from july 3.

I'm sure there were important topics which took hours and had it's value but there's nothing we can do to restore them. Not even Mainadmin can restore them.

its not new for you guys to cba anything cuz u guys forgot about, ah sry ignored and gave not a single fuck about the cata realm for long(dont wanna say number cuz its all a joke already)

It's pretty funny tbh, considering the fact that it comes from you and you used to be one of us and you were representing the server as HeadGM for a quite a while. Now that you're not, you have changed a bit eh?
- Yeah there weren't any cataclysm changelogs since long time ago, the reason behind is because Main is recently working on Legion full time but he fixes cata from time to time without making updates on the forum/website. 

and then u guys are wondering why ppl are leaving this server, but of course Spanish / Latin players are always feel free to join right? just welcome them with love and smile  :wub:

I think it's pretty fair to say that old players which used to play here from 2011 / 2012 are leaving due to the fact that they grew out of the game, most of those players have quit playing the game in the general.

Population is kind of the same as it used to be, no matter how ridiculous that sound to you since we're basically circling around. New players are coming to play, old ones leave, pretty fair statement.

- Not quite sure why you have mentioned that the Spanish players are free to join the server, of course they are. As a matter of fact everyone is. Let's not treat Spanish players differently just because they're "Spanish". 

p.s: i could write a book like the rest of the players who are playing here long or longer ago but i thimk it wont change anything

I'm pretty sure you could. I wonder why you didn't say out loud everything you've said above during the time you were a GM? :)

Greetings,
Sylvatic

Signature.png

#12 Naomy

Naomy

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 1013 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

(No offense)

They grew out of the game? What are you talking about? If you are a Realm Leader, what means you work in both ingame and forums you should know players opinions and feelings about this game. Also, i guess you have already played this server before, are you? and you really say and think that they grew out of this game? Being a GM doesnt mean that you are not allowed to tell the truth. Some of them may left due to uni (aswell as me, but im still playing) / work / w/e  but if you just give 5mins to yourself, go and watch around the forum 1year ago(or even more), how players were giving their best to report and make this server better, of course if you guys didnt hide or remove those topics, and they just gave up.. gave up. And the reason is the staff, not other things. Just go ingame, i guess you can give yourself a bit time to ask around the players what are their opinions, HONEST OPINIONS about this server, if there are even ppl still with English language experience(no racism, dont misunderstand me ). You can believe me Mr.Sylvatic i always said out what i thought about the server during the time i was GM, and they were still focusing on Legion realm. Cata realm is just simply death, and its late to do anything with it already. Legion may be good, because its not bad at all, the work they have put into it, but c'mon, lets just leave Cata realm as its? People are going Legion, so why should anyone take care of Cataclysm? Respect for the exceptions (Wonderman and Sendera), they already took more work than they should in order to have working quests and achievements on both Legion and Monster, but this server has got other other mechanic bugs which are technically requires more experience to script and that goes to Main, but Main focused on Wod, now Legion, and its only matter of time, and even people who dont really care, or didnt really care whats going on this server, just play / played for fun, will realize that its just waste of time to play Cata on this server.

Greetz.

#13 Dlablo

Dlablo

Master Photoshop

• Veteran
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

(No offense)

They grew out of the game? What are you talking about? If you are a Realm Leader, what means you work in both ingame and forums you should know players opinions and feelings about this game. Also, i guess you have already played this server before, are you? and you really say and think that they grew out of this game? Being a GM doesnt mean that you are not allowed to tell the truth. Some of them may left due to uni (aswell as me, but im still playing) / work / w/e  but if you just give 5mins to yourself, go and watch around the forum 1year ago(or even more), how players were giving their best to report and make this server better, of course if you guys didnt hide or remove those topics, and they just gave up.. gave up. And the reason is the staff, not other things. Just go ingame, i guess you can give yourself a bit time to ask around the players what are their opinions, HONEST OPINIONS about this server, if there are even ppl still with English language experience(no racism, dont misunderstand me ). You can believe me Mr.Sylvatic i always said out what i thought about the server during the time i was GM, and they were still focusing on Legion realm. Cata realm is just simply death, and its late to do anything with it already. Legion may be good, because its not bad at all, the work they have put into it, but c'mon, lets just leave Cata realm as its? People are going Legion, so why should anyone take care of Cataclysm? Respect for the exceptions (Wonderman and Sendera), they already took more work than they should in order to have working quests and achievements on both Legion and Monster, but this server has got other other mechanic bugs which are technically requires more experience to script and that goes to Main, but Main focused on Wod, now Legion, and its only matter of time, and even people who dont really cares, or didnt really care whats going on this server, just play / played for fun, will realize that its just waste of time to play Cata on this server.

Greetz.

So smart answer writen in excellent english. I liked everything you've said and i agree with it. The only thing i don't agree with in your post is "|Cata realm is just simply death, and its late to do anything with it already. Legion may be good, because its not bad at all, the work they have put into it, but c'mon, lets just leave Cata realm as its?|" 

Why would you want the cata realm updated? You know that if the realm gets updated we lose everything, then we have to gear our chars again and shit like this .. you know. There is already 1 updated realm that is keep getting fixes. The cata realm already has the loremaster title obitainable and almost everything works there, if they update it, it will no longer be like this. On the next version they gotta fix those same quest, script those same raids that they scripted in the previous version of the realm. 

#14 Sylvatic

Sylvatic

GameMaster

• Realm Leader
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

(No offense)

They grew out of the game? What are you talking about? If you are a Realm Leader, what means you work in both ingame and forums you should know players opinions and feelings about this game. Also, i guess you have already played this server before, are you? and you really say and think that they grew out of this game? Being a GM doesnt mean that you are not allowed to tell the truth. Some of them may left due to uni (aswell as me, but im still playing) / work / w/e  but if you just give 5mins to yourself, go and watch around the forum 1year ago(or even more), how players were giving their best to report and make this server better, of course if you guys didnt hide or remove those topics, and they just gave up.. gave up. And the reason is the staff, not other things. Just go ingame, i guess you can give yourself a bit time to ask around the players what are their opinions, HONEST OPINIONS about this server, if there are even ppl still with English language experience(no racism, dont misunderstand me ). You can believe me Mr.Sylvatic i always said out what i thought about the server during the time i was GM, and they were still focusing on Legion realm. Cata realm is just simply death, and its late to do anything with it already. Legion may be good, because its not bad at all, the work they have put into it, but c'mon, lets just leave Cata realm as its? People are going Legion, so why should anyone take care of Cataclysm? Respect for the exceptions (Wonderman and Sendera), they already took more work than they should in order to have working quests and achievements on both Legion and Monster, but this server has got other other mechanic bugs which are technically requires more experience to script and that goes to Main, but Main focused on Wod, now Legion, and its only matter of time, and even people who dont really cares, or didnt really care whats going on this server, just play / played for fun, will realize that its just waste of time to play Cata on this server.

Greetz.

Yes, there are players which just happened to quit the server due to the bugs they're experiencing and the dissatisfaction from the staff thinking they're just too lazy to fix stuff. Only Main has access to database and he's decisions have to be respected. (You should know that considering the fact that you used to be a GM)

Nevertheless, as i said earlier the reason why there are not so many changelogs or updates regarding the cata is because Main is focusing on Legion full time and you should know that only he has access to the database and nobody else. If he doesn't want to fix cata and wants to focus Legion full time that's his decision and you have to respect it one way or another.
ex. GM David and i made some bug reports regarding cataclysm realm behind the scenes and sent it to Main

Spoiler

Trust me, i'm trying my best to get his attention as much as everyone else. He even fixed some of the stuff i've reported behind the scenes. (without making any changelogs or updates)

However cata stays as it is for now, i will update you guys if something big happens. 
There's no reason for such negativity, it's not gonna solve anything.

Greetings,
Sylvatic

• Naomy likes this

Signature.png

#15 Naomy

Naomy

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 1013 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

But, if we are talking about Respect, he (main) has to keep in respect that you guys spend time with those reports to be completed, sadly he isn't like that, and time is money. You can bother him and warn him about the current state of the cataclysm realm that some positive feedback is pretty well needed, and with all my respect I Wish you all best, but i dont see so much chance for that he will ever make real anything on cataclysm realm, and who have experienced it already, will have same opinion about this case. Of course as a GM you might have other point of view, and overall you are correct and definite, and im not blaming you for anything, but things wont change by oneself.

Once more i wish you to be successful in this part of your life!  ;)

Greetings,

Nao

#16 Naomy

Naomy

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 1013 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

So smart answer writen in excellent english. I liked everything you've said and i agree with it. The only thing i don't agree with in your post is "|Cata realm is just simply death, and its late to do anything with it already. Legion may be good, because its not bad at all, the work they have put into it, but c'mon, lets just leave Cata realm as its?|" 

Why would you want the cata realm updated? You know that if the realm gets updated we lose everything, then we have to gear our chars again and shit like this .. you know. There is already 1 updated realm that is keep getting fixes. The cata realm already has the loremaster title obitainable and almost everything works there, if they update it, it will no longer be like this. On the next version they gotta fix those same quest, script those same raids that they scripted in the previous version of the realm. 

Nono, i didn't mean to be updated, i mean't that someone should take care of Cata realm, even if Wonderman/Sendera work there(as dev), because it is not in so good state, honestly.  ^_^

#17 Dlablo

Dlablo

Master Photoshop

• Veteran
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

I myself wanted to be developer but i want to work paid. Such thing will never happen here :D ... even if i tell them that i want to be developer UNPAID they still wont hire me lol. I said that because they really need devs right now. The monster realm exists more than 8 years and there are still bugs here and there. 

#18 addah

addah

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:16 PM

We're getting off topic here but there's some very valid points above.

What blows my mind is how difficult the staff here believes it is to fix a few talents and properly scale a few spells.

#19 Dlablo

Dlablo

Master Photoshop

• Veteran
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

We're getting off topic here but there's some very valid points above.

What blows my mind is how difficult the staff here believes it is to fix a few talents and properly scale a few spells.

Its not hard and it doesnt take long time for fix. The hardest thing is to think where to begin(when there are lots more bugs for fixing).

#20 Dlablo

Dlablo

Master Photoshop

• Veteran
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:36 PM

Btw in my opinion there should be more devs than gamemasters. There are whole 13 gamemasters while the devs are only 2. What are the gamemasters doing for the server you may ask, they answer the questions of the players, giving bans, writing in forums. Thats okay! But what's the point of the server having so many gamemasters when there are just 2 developers? The fixes are the most important thing on a private server. And Monster WoW gets more support than getting fixes. It's all because of the low amount of developers.