[Cataclysm]Arena Season - Rules

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#21 trapd96

trapd96
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:57 PM

trapd96, on 05 Jun 2018 - 8:24 PM, said:snapback.png

also the fact thats its only top 3 out of 100 players on ladder is kinda weird imo shouldnt it be top 10? for full glad titles and then the next 10-15 glad and the rest trickle off to duelist etc? I just dont see where they got the math in it. It seems like they just made it up and said " oh top 3 sounds fine" when thats not the case 

"The only reason there was a title wipe is because main gave so many titles every season that the title itself "Gladiator" lost it's value. 

You're saying they should give top 10 teams r1 glad title and from 11-15 normal glad? Are you serious? You can't be serious, that has to be sarcasm.

What's the purpose of the gladiator title if it isn't something earned with hard work and winning a season? If everyone can get it with just being in top 10 or top 15. After 3 seasons there would be 45 teams that received gladiator title, 45 x 2 = 90 players with gladiator title. Only 3  seasons though.

I'm sorry to say but your theory is really bad, it doesn't do anything good but make things bad or even worse. Holy hell, 15 gladiator teams per season, aka 30 players running around with gladiator per season, sounds like a server where competition doesn't exist. Sounds like a server where you can get 2k or 2.1k and afk for the rest of the season and earn gladiator. "

It was an example of a number not a LITERAL one for 1-10 and 11-15 for tiles. I just believe 3 is maybe too light? I also  think that already happens now on x12 atleast where you get in top 5 and you just sit rating and it becomes a snipe fest where people sit on SKILL HILL ELWYNN FOREST and fake afk and target each other. So it honestly doesnt matter about how much you think only 3 teams is a good portion, it doesnt promote the "skill" factor that the server is trying to draw for the arena side of the server.  The problem with this server isnt the lack of "excitement" its missing the players are active. We need to change how people view arenas on mwow. Cause right now MAJORITY of the server looks at the 2s bracket as " Oh Thug (rog/hunt), Jungle(hunt/feral) and Liberty (ret/hunt) or Scoobycleave ( ret/rog) is queing we cba fighting that its not fun rinse repeat.  Thats the truth cause if you ask players thats how they all feel about it. We need either extend the amount titles right now to a little more and FIX CLASSES and dont give the Admin excuse" REPORT THE BUG" because the rate people say stuff is bugged and it being "FIXED" is at not at the same rate. So many bugs thats been around for YEARS so please dont use that excuse.

• GalenOt, INSURANCESi, NEF6Ki and 25 others like this

#22 singalong

singalong

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 429 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

It was an example of a number not a LITERAL one for 1-10 and 11-15 for tiles. I just believe 3 is maybe too light?

All you're saying is that admins should extend the gladiator title because you think that more players should receive glad title, not just the one who are in r1-r3 position. That's so dumb, that was the main reason the glad titles got wiped. r1-r3 position is just fine for a private server with this population.

Few server examples:

- Arena-Tournament: Used to give top 5 in 2s and top 5 in 3s gladiator, with a exception of rank1 in 3s with a named gladiator
- Warmane used to give normal glad in 2s (only r1-r3) they recently changed that rule into 3s, only r1-r3 in 3s receives glad. (With very low realm updates and those changes the server died)
- Atlantiss: gives normal gladiator only to rank 1 in 2s and top r1-r3 in 3s (named glad for r1 in 3s)
- Wow Mortal (trash server btw): gave only to rank1 gladiator
- Tauri WoW (Had around 8k online every single day) Rank 1 was 3.3k while rank 30 had around 3k, it was insanely populated realm therefore the admins decided to give to top 20 or 30 teams gladaitor title. I was rank 2 at the end of the season with 3249 rate. (Only server which doesnt use the r1-r3 rule due to its population) but it died shortly after as they updated from Cata to MoP.

Not sure where this conversation is going, you want more teams to get glad title which is not going to happen, i had a "quarrel" with Mainadmin about the titles and we both came to agreement that less players should receive gladiator title in order to keep it's value. 

I don't know why you want more teams to get glad, is that because you are not capable of getting r1-r3? Perhaps that's the problem, perhaps im wrong. Shit players shouldn't have glad title, now that the glad titles are taken away from the shit players they're butthurt and making some forum rants rofl..

You don't know what i know. You can't see.. the spreading stain of deception

I will hold my silence, like a weapon in my hand. If i used it, i would murder myself

you could never understand

#23 Naozxy

Naozxy

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 1146 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

Main did a pretty good job with making such a season rule. Gladiator title should only be given to top1-3, else it would lose its value pretty well, you should be happy that he even gives glad title(s) out in 2v2 bracket. Something has to motivate people, and giving out only for top 1-3 is a pretty good idea, or you think that was better when half of the server were running with gladiator title? Whats the sense of it? Not even the title would lose its value ,but the server aswell.

#24 Fukskill

Fukskill

Portuguese Support

• Veteran
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPortugal Ponte da Barca🔴

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:41 AM

You should remove Arena master title too, and old season tabards....

• Assanor/Abbiee likes this

💯

#25 OrcLivesMatter

OrcLivesMatter

• 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

season ending and Mind Control still broken >:(

• tetenko and Uncle Billy like this

#26 Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:11 PM

But why if u change rules after season end at monster u remove rewards after this changes? I lost my challenger title and achievement cause of changes which were made after season end. Where is the logic of this? 

#27 singalong

singalong

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

Keep ranting, quick reminder tho:

Shit players shouldn't have glad title, now that the glad titles are taken away from the shit players they're butthurt and making some forum rants rofl..

You don't know what i know. You can't see.. the spreading stain of deception

I will hold my silence, like a weapon in my hand. If i used it, i would murder myself

you could never understand

#28 Naozxy

Naozxy

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 1146 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:04 PM

Give glad for everyone, kappa

#29 Topretry

Topretry

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

IDk  remove all titles because not play this seasson lol

#30 donxz

donxz

• 33 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:47 PM

Dear players,

due some feedback about Cataclysm season ending rules and upcome, we deciced to make some changes in the rules and also we are giving out a detailed explanation.

Team members:
- Players who played in 75% of the Team matches.
(Decreased from 95%)

how do u suppose players to have 75% of Team Matches when u don't get half of the wins cuz of some reason?

#31 Berry

Berry

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 8847 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:47 PM

NOOOOOOO I liked the look of my Vicious Glad title so much. Season 9 was cool. 

#32 Qnox1337

Qnox1337

Heroic

• Veteran
  • 272 posts
  • LocationHeilbronn Germany

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:12 PM

NOOOOOOO I liked the look of my Vicious Glad title so much. Season 9 was cool. 

yup vicious gladiators got nothing now title deleted and we never recieved a mount or tabard so we have nothing now xd

• Berry likes this

#33 crazyboyaa

crazyboyaa

• 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:40 AM

yup vicious gladiators got nothing now title deleted and we never recieved a mount or tabard so we have nothing now xd

Do not qq now, those titles are anyways worthless here. I lost also all my titles but who cares?
Last season was dead af. Wish it would be again like in 2k13. There was monster a dream.