32 replies to this topic

#1 Mainadmin

Mainadmin

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

Dear players,

due some feedback about Cataclysm season ending rules and upcome, we deciced to make some changes in the rules and also we are giving out a detailed explanation.

Team members:
- Players who played in 75% of the Team matches.
(Decreased from 95%)

2vs2 Rank / Titles:
- Rank 1 Team members Brutal,Vengeful... +
Extra rewards announced in Season End topics
- Rank 1-3 Team members Gladiator Title and Achievement + Extra rewards announced in Season End topics
- Top 5% Team members Duelist Title and Achievement
- Top 10% Team members Rival Title and Achievement
- Top 20% Team members Challenger Title and Achievement

3vs3 Rank / Titles:
- Rank 1 Team members Gladiator Title and Achievement

Duelist,Rival and Challenger Titles are renewed after every season end, you can't wear them if you didn't earn them in the last Season.

Gladiator and Named Gladiator Titles are earnt forever.

Season End Dates:

Monster Season 3 - 2018. 11.29.

Nemesis Season 3 - 2018. 11.30.

• Honey, nyanit, GalenOt and 33 others like this

#2 Assanor/Abbiee

Assanor/Abbiee

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStormwind dummies

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

Thats great, u might wanna add some rewards for 3s too so ppl can have the motive to play it again, and maybe remove the 2+ arenas in a row thing so we dont get 200 rate behind on the personal, now that we start from 1.5k mmr it might make 3s viable because it could be possible to get 2k2 if at least some people play it. Also reviving the 3s bracket will probably drive more pvpers to the server

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.mZxDDd1.png

#3 Qnox1337

Qnox1337

Heroic

• Veteran
  • 268 posts
  • LocationHeilbronn Germany

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:10 AM

Yeah its really annoying that you dont get personal rating if you won like 3 times against the Same team. I can Imagine that this is a pretty good way to make wintrading harder but on higher rating you pretty Much get the same oponent again and again which just leads you to get teamrating but no personal

#4 Mainadmin

Mainadmin

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 03:32 PM

Copied from atlantiss. Original idea ;)

Every server use these rules, now we are using it also.

• Honey, Ddantee, nyanit and 1 other like this

#5 singalong

singalong

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:02 PM

Copied from atlantiss. Original idea ;)

You're speaking out of your ass, do some research before making such statements.

Something had to be done and it was about time, hopefully gladiator wipe as a whole will happen relatively soon and server can officially start season 1, then season 2 and so on.

They are doing something great and you're there bashing them for no reason, grow the fuck up

• Honey, Ddantee and Assanor/Abbiee like this

You don't know what i know. You can't see.. the spreading stain of deception

I will hold my silence, like a weapon in my hand. If i used it, i would murder myself

you could never understand

#6 Pdlz

Pdlz
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:04 PM

@Mainadmin and GM Team so only the Rank1 team will get Xname Gladiator and rank 2-3 normal Glad ? in 3s the same ?

thanks for answer

Best wishes Paddlüz

#7 Infamous

Infamous

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:08 PM

Exactly.

Rank1-Rank3 titles are earnt forever,others will be renewed after every season.
In 3s all depends on rating.

#8 thepower95

thepower95
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:58 PM

Just want to clarify something. Even though in this post it mentions Gladiator + XXX Gladiator titles will be kept forever, I've noticed some of my characters with Gladiator titles that were earned in previous seasons have been removed, but my duelist, rival, and challenger titles remain. Why is this? 

#9 itsdanarcher

itsdanarcher
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:20 AM

Does this apply to the Nemesis server also? :ph34r:

#10 trapd96

trapd96
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:34 AM

An idea wouldn't it just be better to remove 2s rank 1-3 for titles and just add it to 3s like retail? the server is populated enough to do it tbh and honestly 2s gets boring after a while compared to 3s.

• Assanor/Abbiee likes this

#11 singalong

singalong

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:22 AM

An idea wouldn't it just be better to remove 2s rank 1-3 for titles and just add it to 3s like retail? the server is populated enough to do it tbh and honestly 2s gets boring after a while compared to 3s.

I agree and disagree, i'd rather play 3s over 2s, and compete for gladiator, but at the current stage of the game it's nearly impossible and the server itself have very low ques, especially in 3vs3. 

Few years back Staff rewarded top 3 teams in 3vs3 with r1 glad but the 3s bracet itself just died, i guess because the que was way too long, not sure tbh. Or maybe it died because everyone received gladiator title from the server bug :S. 

Just want to clarify something. Even though in this post it mentions Gladiator + XXX Gladiator titles will be kept forever, I've noticed some of my characters with Gladiator titles that were earned in previous seasons have been removed, but my duelist, rival, and challenger titles remain. Why is this? 

Way too many people owned Gladiator title, which is supposed to be a rare title, because of this reason it was best to remove everyone gladiator title and start giving out fresh titles TBC ---> up to Cataclysm. There are 11 seasons ahead to be completed, each season different title. For rank 1 team only.

About rival, challenger and duelist, to be honest i don't even know why it's not removed.

It should work like this: 
- Filter every player with "Gladiator" achievement and remove it. (No achievement means no title) Worked great

Rival, Challenger, Duelist achievements are also removed but titles are still there, that's unfortunate. :S We need new solution for this matter. 

I will hold my silence, like a weapon in my hand. If i used it, i would murder myself

#12 Naozxy

Naozxy

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 1146 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:57 PM

I agree and disagree, i'd rather play 3s over 2s, and compete for gladiator, but at the current stage of the game it's nearly impossible and the server itself have very low ques, especially in 3vs3. 

Few years back Staff rewarded top 3 teams in 3vs3 with r1 glad but the 3s bracet itself just died, i guess because the que was way too long, not sure tbh. Or maybe it died because everyone received gladiator title from the server bug :S. 

Way too many people owned Gladiator title, which is supposed to be a rare title, because of this reason it was best to remove everyone gladiator title and start giving out fresh titles TBC ---> up to Cataclysm. There are 11 seasons ahead to be completed, each season different title. For rank 1 team only.

About rival, challenger and duelist, to be honest i don't even know why it's not removed.

- Filter every player with "Gladiator" achievement and remove it. (No achievement means no title) Worked great

Rival, Challenger, Duelist achievements are also removed but titles are still there, that's unfortunate. :S We need new solution for this matter. 

I definitely agree with you but for example on Warmane they only give out Duelist and Rival titles in 2v2 bracket, and 3v3 gets Glad titles, which is how its supposed to look like, and Cata / Mop realms are pretty well dead there, people are forced to que 3v3 in order to compete for Gladiator, which is some motivation atleast in some point of view, since 2v2 is a more active bracket everywhere.  Talking about Pandawow, where Gladiator titles are given out only in 3v3 bracket aswell,  2v2 gets Duelist / Rival titles aswell. What I want to say with all these is, regardless of the population and queues, why don't they just change the system as on other servers, and stop giving out Gladiator in 2v2 bracket? Atleast people may start queing 3v3, since if they want Gladiator they have to que up. It's worth a try. Of course before such an implementation they should remove every glad titles given out before(because every second player is running with gladiator title which is a bit disgusting, like such a title should have supposed be the hardest title to obtain, but meh monster-wow).

#13 sKT ツ

sKT ツ

The Powerpuff Girls

• Heroic
  • 528 posts
  • LocationBotswana

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:00 PM

You're speaking out of your ass, do some research before making such statements.

Something had to be done and it was about time, hopefully gladiator wipe as a whole will happen relatively soon and server can officially start season 1, then season 2 and so on.

They are doing something great and you're there bashing them for no reason, grow the fuck up

I would be a cunt if I said It won't change anything....

Perhaps, PvP is about the players [...]  :o

All I learnt in the past from Mwow, I answer you in a picture (definitely not trolling):

One-Does-Not-Simply.jpg

Not willing to trash this topic, I just came here cuz my actual google account is in love with "forum...." when I wanna press F for facebook :(

Rome is burning. And the problem is not just with the people who started it. They're past irredeemable.
The problem's with all of us who do nothing...
AND ROME WILL BURN FOREVER!

#14 trapd96

trapd96
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:24 AM

also the fact thats its only top 3 out of 100 players on ladder is kinda weird imo shouldnt it be top 10? for full glad titles and then the next 10-15 glad and the rest trickle off to duelist etc? I just dont see where they got the math in it. It seems like they just made it up and said " oh top 3 sounds fine" when thats not the case 

#15 trapd96

trapd96
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:25 AM

Also IN MY OPINION we should hold off on the seasons until classes and mechanics are fixed ( ADMIN , GM, SERVER DEV) makes 0 sense on x12 to do seasons when classes arent balanced one bit.

#16 singalong

singalong

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 413 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:48 AM

also the fact thats its only top 3 out of 100 players on ladder is kinda weird imo shouldnt it be top 10? for full glad titles and then the next 10-15 glad and the rest trickle off to duelist etc? I just dont see where they got the math in it. It seems like they just made it up and said " oh top 3 sounds fine" when thats not the case 

The only reason there was a title wipe is because main gave so many titles every season that the title itself "Gladiator" lost it's value. 

You're saying they should give top 10 teams r1 glad title and from 11-15 normal glad? Are you serious? You can't be serious, that has to be sarcasm.

What's the purpose of the gladiator title if it isn't something earned with hard work and winning a season? If everyone can get it with just being in top 10 or top 15. After 3 seasons there would be 45 teams that received gladiator title, 45 x 2 = 90 players with gladiator title. Only 3  seasons though.

I'm sorry to say but your theory is really bad, it doesn't do anything good but make things bad or even worse. Holy hell, 15 gladiator teams per season, aka 30 players running around with gladiator per season, sounds like a server where competition doesn't exist. Sounds like a server where you can get 2k or 2.1k and afk for the rest of the season and earn gladiator.

Also IN MY OPINION we should hold off on the seasons until classes and mechanics are fixed ( ADMIN , GM, SERVER DEV) makes 0 sense on x12 to do seasons when classes arent balanced one bit.

Just report whatever you think it's bugged to the bugtracker and open a thread here providing a link to it. There's a big chance the fix is already implemented on the Nemesis realm and can be merged.

I definitely agree with you but for example on Warmane they only give out Duelist and Rival titles in 2v2 bracket, and 3v3 gets Glad titles, which is how its supposed to look like, and Cata / Mop realms are pretty well dead there, people are forced to que 3v3 in order to compete for Gladiator, which is some motivation atleast in some point of view, since 2v2 is a more active bracket everywhere.  Talking about Pandawow, where Gladiator titles are given out only in 3v3 bracket aswell,  2v2 gets Duelist / Rival titles aswell. What I want to say with all these is, regardless of the population and queues, why don't they just change the system as on other servers, and stop giving out Gladiator in 2v2 bracket? Atleast people may start queing 3v3, since if they want Gladiator they have to que up. It's worth a try. Of course before such an implementation they should remove every glad titles given out before(because every second player is running with gladiator title which is a bit disgusting, like such a title should have supposed be the hardest title to obtain, but meh monster-wow).

I've played Warmane every season ever since they merged old Mol10 with AT, the server was extremely alive and populated, first season there was up to 1.5k online every single day on the instant 85 realm, while the leveling realm had around 4k. 

-However, it slowly died because Kaer was giving orders to the developers to fix more populated realms(their wotlk realm) Cata numbers shortly after went down as there was no update or any changelog in a very long time. 

Warmane used to give top 3 teams in 2s "Gladiator" title and r1 in 3s "Named Gladiator" r2,r3 normal gladiator. Their rule stated that you needed to have 2k rating in order to receive title in 3s due to low ques.

After they removed gladiator from 2s the server population dropped drastically, it's sad truth. Majority of the cataclysm community would rather que 2s over 3s, it's proven over the years in a many different ways.

Conclusion: (I'm against it btw) 

- If for some reason main decides to remove glad title from 2s and only give it from 3s, i think it would decrease the population. As much as i like to play 3s over 2s i don't think it'll ever happen. it's still not worth losing x% amount of playerbase to satisfy couple of tryhards out there left(i'm one of them). 

#17 Assanor/Abbiee

Assanor/Abbiee

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStormwind dummies

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:18 AM

I think that even if they just give glad for both 2s and 3s, there will still be some competition in the 3s bracket, and when theres competition, people will start quing up, ik technically at the season end twice more people will get glad, but i think its worth it, in order for 3s to work tho the arena streak thing should be removed, since rarely more than 2 teams que 3s at once

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.mZxDDd1.png

#18 Naozxy

Naozxy

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 1146 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:57 AM

The only reason there was a title wipe is because main gave so many titles every season that the title itself "Gladiator" lost it's value. 

You're saying they should give top 10 teams r1 glad title and from 11-15 normal glad? Are you serious? You can't be serious, that has to be sarcasm.

What's the purpose of the gladiator title if it isn't something earned with hard work and winning a season? If everyone can get it with just being in top 10 or top 15. After 3 seasons there would be 45 teams that received gladiator title, 45 x 2 = 90 players with gladiator title. Only 3  seasons though.

I'm sorry to say but your theory is really bad, it doesn't do anything good but make things bad or even worse. Holy hell, 15 gladiator teams per season, aka 30 players running around with gladiator per season, sounds like a server where competition doesn't exist. Sounds like a server where you can get 2k or 2.1k and afk for the rest of the season and earn gladiator.

Just report whatever you think it's bugged to the bugtracker and open a thread here providing a link to it. There's a big chance the fix is already implemented on the Nemesis realm and can be merged.

I've played Warmane every season ever since they merged old Mol10 with AT, the server was extremely alive and populated, first season there was up to 1.5k online every single day on the instant 85 realm, while the leveling realm had around 4k. 

-However, it slowly died because Kaer was giving orders to the developers to fix more populated realms(their wotlk realm) Cata numbers shortly after went down as there was no update or any changelog in a very long time. 

Warmane used to give top 3 teams in 2s "Gladiator" title and r1 in 3s "Named Gladiator" r2,r3 normal gladiator. Their rule stated that you needed to have 2k rating in order to receive title in 3s due to low ques.

After they removed gladiator from 2s the server population dropped drastically, it's sad truth. Majority of the cataclysm community would rather que 2s over 3s, it's proven over the years in a many different ways.

Conclusion: (I'm against it btw) 

- If for some reason main decides to remove glad title from 2s and only give it from 3s, i think it would decrease the population. As much as i like to play 3s over 2s i don't think it'll ever happen. it's still not worth losing x% amount of playerbase to satisfy couple of tryhards out there left(i'm one of them). 

Yes and then the new tbc realm (outland) even fked up more the stability of cataclysm and mop realms, now both frostwolf and neltharion are just lack of people, both ladders are pretty well dead, and both realms are drastically changed, and dying.  Though, their rules stated (as you said) that people must have 2k cr in order to compete for glad in 3v3, but that was just to make people start queing this dead bracket, they ruled this every season, and every season ended with people getting gladiator with 1,7k cr(talking mainly about mop realm, idk on cata how did it end), but of course they don't mention this on their forums,im playing on warmane pretty long ago, and pandawow aswell and tons of people wears gladiator title now, like they queued alot in the beginning of the season, and after that they just went for a long break, and went back only in the last day of the season and they still were in top15.. only 1 team got gladiator fairly their title, with 2k.

''Majority of the cataclysm community would rather que 2s over 3s, it's proven over the years in a many different ways.''

- Sadly not only the majority of the cataclysm community would rather que 2s instead of 3s, 2s is just like a cap bracket and will be always that, people are just lack of quality and exp to que 3s, not even mentioning that the whole monster-wow is lack of that, at this current state of course, back then it was the opposite.

''Conclusion: (I'm against it btw) 

- If for some reason main decides to remove glad title from 2s and only give it from 3s, i think it would decrease the population. As much as i like to play 3s over 2s i don't think it'll ever happen. it's still not worth losing x% amount of playerbase to satisfy couple of tryhards out there left(i'm one of them). ''

- If it would happen,  why don't they make any tournaments then or just merge / implement cross system so it would make any sense, both realms are 4.3.4, even tho they are on different emu i guess but atleast there would be bigger population and interests for both bracket

Tournaments are always a good idea, im sure ppl would participate for it.

#19 singalong

singalong

Heroic

• Heroic
  • 413 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

Cross-Realm is a good idea. Maybe mainadmin will read this and take it into the consideration.

However, both realms must have the same MMR system, arena gain/lose system and same class fixes in order for this to work.  

• Naozxy likes this

#20 trapd96

trapd96
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

Cross-Realm is a good idea. Maybe mainadmin will read this and take it into the consideration.

However, both realms must have the same MMR system, arena gain/lose system and same class fixes in order for this to work.  

I'd be 100% fine with cross realm arenas with mmr system and arena gain/loss system and same class fixes cause honestly IT SEEMS ( I'm not fully sure) Nemesis realm is more balanced when it comes to classes compared to x12. Also I think this will MAYBE promote 3s.