Book Of Glyph Mastery Question [Cataclysm]

Book of Glyph Mastery

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BangMyCritt

BangMyCritt

• 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:33 AM

Is there any way someone can tell me all the different ways to get the Book of Glyph Mastery?

I know Northrend mobs, regular or instance, are supposed to drop it. The auction house is another alternative. However does this server have any other ways?

For example:

Titanium Lockboxes

Random Chests

Specific NPC's

Basically I guess I'm asking for a Drop Rate list for Book of Glyph Mastery and any other ways to obtain it. AH runs roughly 3k-5k per book. There are 212 Learnable Glyphs from the book and that's if you're lucky enough to learn one every single time. There is an additional 1 you can learn with Northrend Inscription Research; I know all of that.

But since this is my first and only character on the server gold is not very plentiful and I'd like other opportunities to obtain it so gameplay doesn't get boring atm this is my sole focus is to level up my profession but I can't complete it without those damn books. Can you guys help?

#2 Qnox1337

Qnox1337

Heroic

• Veteran
  • 267 posts
  • LocationHeilbronn Germany

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:40 AM

I farmed them back than when they were worth 10k and the only way to obtain it was farming mobs in any wotlk area. I also opened some wotlk lockboxes but never managed get one out of them. I would recommend you to find a spot with a high population of mobs in one spot. Its totaly luck based how much you get of them I farmed in one hour 1-3 books but like i said its totaly luck  based as the dropchance is not that high

#3 BangMyCritt

BangMyCritt

• 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:02 PM

I farmed them back than when they were worth 10k and the only way to obtain it was farming mobs in any wotlk area. I also opened some wotlk lockboxes but never managed get one out of them. I would recommend you to find a spot with a high population of mobs in one spot. Its totaly luck based how much you get of them I farmed in one hour 1-3 books but like i said its totaly luck  based as the dropchance is not that high

About how long were you farming for and do you remember which mobs? I just have a hunch I'm doing it wrong.

#4 Qnox1337

Qnox1337

Heroic

• Veteran
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:42 PM

I just farmed to make as much money out of it as possible but it didnt took to long since some other players realized the method and also started farming so the gold prices gone lower. I farmed them for some months but like I said just to make some money not for get glyphs. I wont tell you which spot I used just search for crowded areas with humanoid/undead typ mobs.

#5 BangMyCritt

BangMyCritt

• 17 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:03 AM

I just farmed to make as much money out of it as possible but it didnt took to long since some other players realized the method and also started farming so the gold prices gone lower. I farmed them for some months but like I said just to make some money not for get glyphs. I wont tell you which spot I used just search for crowded areas with humanoid/undead typ mobs.

It's just a game and there's plenty to go around I don't understand why you would keep it a secret when I specifically said that I already knew they dropped from Northrend mobs and this is a support thread for everyone not just me.

Can anyone else shed some light on a good spot? I've narrowed it down to Icecrown but I just don't know the area since I'm new to the server.

#6 Qnox1337

Qnox1337

Heroic

• Veteran
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

Because there are some people in the community who use those spots to farm gold means more people who farm it = less gold. 

#7 BangMyCritt

BangMyCritt

• 17 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

Because there are some people in the community who use those spots to farm gold means more people who farm it = less gold. 

You could PM me that would be more helpful. But aside the point gold is unlimited in the game. Or do you mean less gold per book of glyph mastery? Because 3k-5k per book is insane for players who are just starting out. Even 1k is a bit much.