Photo

Herbalism/mining

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Pantheon

Pantheon
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:39 AM

Hello, i'm a new player here, i think i played about a week now.

I recently started herbalism and i've noticed top lvl herbs (Cinderbloom, Whiptail, Twilight Jasmine...etc) have a VERY low number of spawns compared to wowhead and other 4.3.4 Cataclysm servers.

What's up with that? I think there's not 100 cinderbloom plants on ALL top level areas.

• Djrr, chettd, Infise and 6 others like this

5al151.jpg

"Thoughts in Chaos"

#2 AsAkA

AsAkA

• 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:17 PM

Same thing with ore veins btw. Prices in the auction house have risen way up. 20 Elementium bars used to cost around 135g now around 800g.

• chettd likes this

#3 Hman32

Hman32

Legendary

• Legendary
  • 10738 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:22 PM

Let me try to explain this a little.

Wowhead show the places where people seen/gathered a node but that in no way means all the nodes are spawned at the same time, in retail once you gather a node (herb/mineral/etc) said node most of the time spawn in other place and some may even change to a rare spawn (silver can spawn in a place of a normally Tin node), this is why if you search guides/videos people create rutes in retail while in a private servers most nodes spawn in the same place and sometimes lots in the same area so you only need to sit and gather without moving, this was changed not so many time ago in Monster to give said nodes a more dynamic respawn like in retail, long story short now nodes spawn more retail-like so is not a bug or anything.

Edited by Hman32, 03 December 2018 - 02:29 PM.

#4 Pantheon

Pantheon
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:10 PM

I understand what you're saying Hman, i'm not saying that all nodes and herbs should be spawned at the same time, but i'm saying there are too few nodes spawned at the same time.
Let's take Deepholm for example, if you check wowhead, there are @400 possible locations for cinderbloom to spawn, i've spent @ 1 hour flying around there and i found 3, maybe 4 cinderbloom nodes spawned on the entire map, always in the same spot.
What i'm saying is, there is something wrong and i think it should be looked into.
Cheers.

5al151.jpg

"Thoughts in Chaos"

#5 Vladislavmes

Vladislavmes
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:50 PM

Оппа. Случайно нашел. Интернет великая вещь. Спасибо автору.

#6 Starscream

Starscream

Heroic

• Veteran
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 03:56 PM

I get what you mean,but as  I leveled up Herbalism recently,i found that there are a lot of people farming cinderblooms in Deepholm so maybe that is the reason there are so few nodes?

Starscreamer Stormtrooper Lhstwentytwo - Dace - Vanhealen - Europe

#7 Pantheon

Pantheon
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

That might be the case, i don't remember seing anybody farming while i was there but i will check all zones as soon as i have the time for it, and come back with some data.

5al151.jpg

"Thoughts in Chaos"

#8 Pantheon

Pantheon
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:41 PM

Okay, i've spent about two hours circling Twilight Highlands with a 525 skill herbalist, trying to see where cinderbloom spawns, i've only found 11 nodes that regulary spawn, ALWAYS in the same place and with a cooldown of @ 8-9 minutes, so Hman32's argument that the spawn locations are random is incorrect. 

In the first picture u can see the results of my sweep.

t7ekav.jpg

In the second picture u can see all the places in Twilight Highlands that Cinderbloom spawns. I'm guessing it's the same for any other top lvl herb.

28lua6b.jpg

Again, i understand the wowhead locations DON'T mean ALL the 371 herbs should be spawned all at once, but you can't tell me 11 out of 371 is "blizzlike".

I'm asking the staff to look into this as i strongly believe there is a problem here. It's either that, OR there are people who use some kind of hack to pick up the herb the instant it spawns and that's why it doesn't show up on the map.

• Atavia likes this

5al151.jpg

"Thoughts in Chaos"

#9 Starscream

Starscream

Heroic

• Veteran
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:48 AM

It's true that there are a lot less herbs/nodes now,and i guess that's a good thing since people can't farm easy gold anymore.

Back in 2012 1 circle around twilight highlands and i would have a full bag of elementium stacks,now for the same circle i can farm only 3-4 stacks.

I guess the main reason was to stop the prices dropping so fast,now you can actually make money from your farming,since there aren't so many herbs to farm anymore.

And i would suggest Hyjal for cinderblooms,farmed them there myself and got a few more than 11 in 1 circle :P

Starscreamer Stormtrooper Lhstwentytwo - Dace - Vanhealen - Europe

#10 Pantheon

Pantheon
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:21 PM

Yes, i understand that some changes had to be made to certain professions to balance the economy of the server, but i think the devs took it just a little bit too far, if you take into account the realm's population and divide the total number of nodes/herbs to it, you will see what i'm talking about.
I'm just saying that maybe this needs a little tweaking, it's a 12x realm after all.

5al151.jpg

"Thoughts in Chaos"

#11 Wonderman

Wonderman

Retired

• Developer
  • 1770 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:43 AM

ok youre right.

• Pantheon likes this

#12 Pantheon

Pantheon
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

ok youre right.

I'm glad you agree, does this mean changes will be made to spawn numbers?

5al151.jpg

"Thoughts in Chaos"

#13 scriptz

scriptz

• 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

ok youre right.

Smelling sarcasm here.

I kinda agree with Pantheon. Im not that activ here on the Forum´s, so i dont know if they posted somewhere, why they changed it. If im not wrong they have/had 1 or 2 Devo´s for the Cata Server. It would be nice to see the old spawntime back. 

#14 Wonderman

Wonderman

Retired

• Developer
  • 1770 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:36 PM

yes, i will change this soon.
Mainadmin's solution is not efficient as should. He has created a one pool group for one type of vein/herb, we talk about the whole world ofc

so in fact if we have ex. 400x Elementium Veins in whole world, and a pool says only 250 spawns in same time, then you dont know if the veins spawns in uldum or mount hyjal or deepholm or twilight highlands so... there may be a case that all 250 veins are spawned in deepholm and 0 in other cata zones 

yes, it's stupid and ill make 1 pool - 1 zone, not like now - 1 pool for whole world.

• childofthenight and scriptz like this

#15 scriptz

scriptz

• 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:56 PM

yes, i will change this soon.
Mainadmin's solution is not efficient as should. He has created a one pool group for one type of vein/herb, we talk about the whole world ofc

so in fact if we have ex. 400x Elementium Veins in whole world, and a pool says only 250 spawns in same time, then you dont know if the veins spawns in uldum or mount hyjal or deepholm or twilight highlands so... there may be a case that all 250 veins are spawned in deepholm and 0 in other cata zones 

yes, it's stupid and ill make 1 pool - 1 zone, not like now - 1 pool for whole world.

Ahh, that makes more sense like this. Would be nice, to update it.

#16 Wonderman

Wonderman

Retired

• Developer
  • 1770 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:04 PM

http://forum.monster...ts-monster-434/

imo now is much more better, good luck

on saturday ill rework cata mining stuff

• scriptz and Pantheon like this

#17 Pantheon

Pantheon
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:45 PM

Thank you, are the changes in effect right away? or does the server need to be restarted for them to be active?

5al151.jpg

"Thoughts in Chaos"

#18 Wonderman

Wonderman

Retired

• Developer
  • 1770 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:25 AM

restart ;) around 8:20am as always

#19 Wonderman

Wonderman

Retired

• Developer
  • 1770 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:25 PM

have fun ;) 

some first-hand details for you.

every spot has a chance to spawn various deposit/vein, depends in which land you are:
chances:

Twilight Highlands:

85% Elementium Vein 
10% Pyrite Deposit
5%  Rich Elementium Vein

Uldum:

80% Elementium Vein
15% Pyrite Deposit 
5%   Rich Elementium

Deepholm:

45%  Obsidium Deposit
40%  Elementium Vein