Photo

Bfa Run&play: Can't Log In

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 haunterhexes

haunterhexes
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:41 AM

Hello, I downloaded the BfA run&play the other day and I'm having some troubles. After the (very long) opening time, when I get to the main menu, I can't seem to log in. When I enter my information, the game will freeze on the "Connecting" window for a few minutes before popping up with an error code. (It's similar to the connection issues one, but not quite.) I've attached a screenshot below. I've done everything - flushed my DNS, renewed my IP, reinstalled the launcher, cleared cache, moved the whole folder to the desktop, etc. I'm not sure what to do next.

I'm running on Windows 10 with a 64x bit PC.

Screenshot_2019-01-08_04.30.20.png

#2 Enchantress

Enchantress

• 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

Hi there,

so, you tried deleting Cache, flushing DNS, renewing IP, reinstalling, moving..

Have you tried adding exclusion to your antivirus? Its possible its blocking it. 

I know error isnt matching, but have U changed your Config.WTF to our realmlist?

If thats not the case, try also:

Right click on "Arctium WoW Client Launcher" / or Patcher, depends on version of WoW U downloaded /
Dlick "Troubleshoot Compatability"
Then click "Troubleshoot Program"
Then check mark " The Program requires additional permissions"

Which basically means U give it full rights to work on your PC.

Tell me if any of that works.

Posted Image

#3 haunterhexes

haunterhexes
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

Hi Enchantress, yes I have added an exclusion to my antivirus. I forgot to mention that since it tried to block it when I opened it and I immediately added the exception. I've done the same with my firewall. I've got the proper realmlist, as well, quadruple-checked at this point.

When I put the Client Patcher in compatibility mode, it seemed to fix a couple issues I was having (the loading time was a bit faster and it didn't stop responding at any point), but I still can't log in. Same error code. :l

#4 Enchantress

Enchantress

• 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

I know that you already added WoW to exceptions, but did you tried to run it as administrator yet?

Also, this error wasnt fixed even by Blizzard, which is kinda funny. 

Worst solution - download retail launcher and then extract our run&play version into it + change realmlist.

Posted Image

#5 haunterhexes

haunterhexes
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:08 AM

Yeah, I've run it as administrator several times. Hasn't fixed the issue yet.

It's just my luck to end up with a bug that the mother company hasn't even fixed yet, haha. Guess installing retail version and cracking it is gonna be my best option then. 

#6 alem247

alem247
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:20 PM

How do you change your realmlist for battle for azeroth? I really wanna play but cant seem to find the file

#7 Silla

Silla

Heroic

• GameMaster
  • 454 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:35 PM

There is no realmlist in Bfa folder . Open your WTF folder and check the config.wtf and the config.mwow to have the following :

Config.mwow

SET portal "bfa.monster-wow.com"
SET textLocale "enUS"
SET audioLocale "enUS"
SET agentUID "wow_enus"
SET hwDetect "0"
SET gxWindow "1"

Config.wtf (first rows )

SET portal "bfa.monster-wow.com"
SET textLocale "enUS"
SET audioLocale "enUS"
SET agentUID "wow_enus"
SET hwDetect "0"

If you experience further issues just pm me here or in our discord channel . 

Regards, Silla