Hello, I'm currently having trouble launching the BFA launcher.
Retail BFA launches just fine for me and I am able to play it without trouble. I have tried all the BFA downloads.
- Put BFAClient (Torrent Magnet download option) through Torrent, and then extracted it once it finished downloading. When I open "WoW Client Launcher" a black box with Blue writing pops up. After like 3 seconds, words get written below and the box disappears. The words say something along the lines of "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
- Downloaded the Run and Play version (MinimalBFA). Same outcome as the Client download.
- Downloaded retail WoW and tried to launch using retail WoW data with the launcher download (Patcher28153), but had the same outcome.
What Enchantress and I have attempted so far:
- Making the BFA files an exception in my virus protection application (Symantec Endpoint Protection). This failed as well. - Redownloaded DirectX and then restarted PC.
- Lowered my maximum processor performance from 100% to 80%
If you have any ideas on what could be the problem, please tell me. We are grabbing st straws now to get this to work.