Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Help can't play  (Read 3133 times)

firstroad

Help can't play
« on: May 29, 2011, 11:05:11 am »
hi everybody,

i am finishing school in some days and i got into the trouble to find a good private server and play wow my best rpg...i downloaded the wow (the first edition i think 1.0.0 or sth like this) and then i downloaded cataclysm (4.0.1.12911) so i started to download the patches to reach 4.1.0
(http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors) the first two patches(4.0.0.12911 → Patch 4.0.1.13164 and 4.0.1.13164 → Patch 4.0.1.13205) were ok cause they were .exe but after this alla the patches had .mpq extension and as i searched in wow forums i had to download them by the wow downloader so i started...and eventually when it finished downloading the patch and applying it it was writing:
World Of Warcraft v4.1.0.14007..here i said we are ok let's play...but when i opened monster wow.exe i completed e-mail and password boxes after this something was loading and in the end said:

Patch Required

Press ok to close and download the patch (or something like this)(th same was writing as many times as i have opened it)

when i close it the  b.l.i.z.a.rd launcher starts again (writing World Of Warcraft v4.1.0.14007)
and downloads again the setup files...

What the.....i have to do to play???
please answer me
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:09:15 am by firstroad »

firstroad

Re: Help can't play
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 11:11:43 am »
i have to add that when i start monster wow.exe in the left down corner says version 4.0.6

firstroad

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 11:50:43 am »
do i have to download 15 more GB that id don't know what are they?
and to be honest i am a little afraid because if it download the patch 4.2 i won't have the ability to play in monster wow

Seth2208

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 12:39:02 pm »
Yeah, they changed patching system. Patch it to the end and follow connection guide. This server will work with 4.1.0. And yes, version displayed will be 4.0.6, that is because of  custom exe. And I haven't heard about 4.2 yet. I do not think that patch was released, so do not worry.
Get a life?  Well, once I nearly found one, but the link was broken.

firstroad

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 01:35:05 pm »
ok thanks i will do
i saw about the patch 4.2 in the news of the downloader

firstroad

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 01:41:42 pm »
and something else...
in the realmist.wtf i have to delete everything and write this Set realmlist logon.monster-wow.com
or to delete the first line and put this one?

Seth2208

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 04:09:08 pm »
My looks like this:
set realmlist logon.monster-wow.com
set patchlist logon.monster-wow.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal eu

You do not need to change "set patchlist" line, but I did it, so I can not update it any further by mistake. You can also add # in front of it, which will make it comment line and WoW will ignore these lines. Useful if you are trying multiple servers. With it you can just comment other "set realmlist" lines, and quickly switch between them.

firstroad

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 05:17:04 pm »
thank you...
good advice thank you again

KrankElTouro

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 05:41:16 pm »
You should be fine having your realmlist look like this too:
set realmlist logon.monster-wow.com

That's all I have in my file :)
I hope you can connect now.

"The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up."

firstroad

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 12:51:05 pm »
guys i redownloaded the game and i let launcher.exe to download everything until to say
WoW is now updated
i copied the Monster wow.exe into the WoW folder and i made realmist.wtf look like this
Set realmlist logon.monster-wow.com

i opened monster wow.exe i completed the my e-mail and the pasword and says again the same thing Patch required

what i have to do now???

Seth2208

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 01:44:14 pm »
Do not put in e-mail, type in username you set while registering on homepage. No matter which private server, it will always get you to infinite loop of updating, if you are using email to log in.

firstroad

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 01:51:42 pm »
hi it finally plays you can't imagine how i feel
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
and i finally understood where was the problem
first of all i tried before to log in wth username but the same message came out
but just once i was truing i saw that my password was too long and after some figures as i was typing this wasn't showing it and i made my password smaller and still the same but after you told me i remembered to try it again with the small password and the username and WORKS
happy happy happy happy happy